Bravery! how many of you feel that you can do anything for your loving one or a country. yes, we know it’s a proud to be died for a nation, but beside army or police who does that! examples are few but they enough to wake you up. Yes, we are blessed with some these type of hero’s, who devoted their lives for us. like Neerja Bhanot, who gave her life to save 360 people. And now Ram Madhvani is going to make her biography, as Sonam Kapoor is playing the lead role. That is why Viralcholic brings a 8 facts about Neerja Bhanot. here’s the list.
1. Neerja is a radiant model who does lot of screen presence and she also appeared in several TV commercials and print ads.
2. Neerja Bhanot had a bad marriage, She had a arranged marriage in March 1985. But within two months of her marriage, she returned home to Mumbai, after she was pressured over dowry demands.
3. This sour dowry demand, turned her life, she started modelling and became a flight attendant at the iconic Pan American airlines, where she died.
4. Government of India posthumously awarded her the highest honour ‘Ashok Chakra Award’. She is the first woman recipient of the Ashok Chakra.
5. On 4th September Night, Pan Am 73 landed at Karachi from Mumbai, the flight was hijacked by four heavily armed terrorists. Neerja battled with the terrorists for more than 17 hours and saved over 360 hostages out of 380 members on board.
6. ‘Heroine of the Hijack’ or neerja’s postage stamp was also issued in her honor in 2004.
7. In mumbai one chowk called Neerja Bhanot Chowk. Which was inaugurated by Amitabh Bachchan in the 1990s. This chowk had been named after her death.
8. Neerja died just 25 hours before her 24th birthday.